We need more contestants in our Chili Cook-Off scheduled for this Saturday, November 14! If you are interested in entering your chili please contact Lucy Kelly in the church office or via email (email@example.com) ASAP! We only have 3 people signed up so far! All competitors need to bring their chili to the Pool Activity Building kitchen by 11:30 a.m. on Saturday so that we can title your chili and get crock pots plugged in to keep the chili warm. If your chili needs extras (shredded cheese, crackers, salsa, nachos, etc.) please bring those items with you. We like to keep the chili’s creator secret until the winner is revealed, so please try not to have your pot labeled with your name (if possible).
Here is a list of what we will be doing on Saturday in the Pool Activity Building from 12:00 – 2:00 p.m.:
- Collecting Operation Christmas Child boxes (please bring your filled boxes back), and collecting monetary donations for this ministry
- Tasting/judging delicious chili!
- Making cards for our military and for our young adults away at college
- Making ornaments for our Chrismon tree in the PAB
- Watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music – to get into the spirit of the season!
- Children can enjoy Christmas coloring sheets
You do not have to commit to staying for the entire event. If all you can do is stop by for some fellowship and drop off a box- PLEASE JOIN US! All are welcome!
Just a reminder: Do not wrap or seal your shoe box please. Operation Chrismas Child will inspect each box, and they will seal them before they are shipped. Do label your box with the appropriate age & gender of your boxed items.