Preschool at Bethel Methodist Columbia
COVID 19 PRECAUTIONS:
During this pandemic, we at Bethel Preschool, are doing everything possible to keep our children and staff safe.
- If your child does not feel well, please keep them home.
- Only staff and enrolled children are allowed inside the Preschool Building during Preschool or Camp hours.
- All staff will wear a mask.
- We kindly ask parents to wear a mask when dropping off and picking up their children.
- Upon arrival, we will take temperatures of each child and staff member. We then take temperatures again later in the morning.
- Students sanitize their hands afterwards.
- We are not providing any meals during this Summer and likely not in the Fall as well. Each child is to bring their own snack and lunch in a paper bag.
- Please send things your child can open themselves if possible.
- We ask children to wash their hands often during the morning.
- Please send a water bottle with your child’s name on it.
- The water fountain is off limits.
- If your child is around anyone who tests positive for COVID, we ask that they not attend school or camp for 14 days, and to self-quarantine.
- We dismiss all children to parents at the door.
- We will sanitize all rooms and toys daily.
Training Up at Bethel
For over fifty years, Bethel Church continues to welcome hundreds of children into its heart through its Preschool Program. These children, their families, staff, and our community all gain by the experience.
Bethel Preschool’s function is to provide a natural, safe, loving, and happy environment in which our children may have normal contacts with their contemporaries and gain a good self-image. We want our children to develop their own interests at his or her own rate, and to look forward to the joy of learning. The purpose of our program is to help children bridge the gap between normal dependency upon family and the necessary independence a child must have upon entering kindergarten.
Bethel Preschool offers age-appropriate programs for children eight weeks through four years of age. Our program runs from the end of August through the middle of May. Our program follows Richland One School District calendar for holidays and closings. We also have a Summer Camp program, which runs for eight weeks in the months of June and July.
Our staff continues to be outstanding through the years. Our program can only be as good as its teachers and administrators. That’s why they continue to dedicate their time and talents. They are here to serve, to teach, and to show by example each day, kindness, love, patience, and the joy of living.
Preschool runs from the last week in August through the middle of May.
Preschool hours are 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Early Bird Morning Care is from 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. for an extra charge. We also have our Lunch Bunch Program that is extended care from 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m. Children attending Lunch Bunch bring their own bag lunch. However, we do provide a lunch that can be purchased on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays. Tuesday is pizza day from Little Caesars, Wednesday is grilled cheese meal from Sonic, and Thursday is Chick-fil-a day.
For More Information Contact:
Carol Burger, Preschool Director at 803.787.3089
Bethel United Methodist Church Office at 803.787.3058
Download Application Forms:
Bethel Summer Camp
Bethel Preschool offers a Summer Camp Program for children 8 weeks through 6 years of age. Our camp is held on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. We offer a lunch each day that can be purchased for $4.00/day.
Camp runs for 8 weeks in the months of June and July. We have chapel in our sanctuary on Wednesdays with Pastor Julie, and Thursday is our Water Day. Wear your swim suit, and we will have fun with the sprinkler and water tables. You may register by the week or month. There is a discount for early registration, and there are sibling discounts.
Registration is $55.00 per child or $35.00 for early registration. Nursery and Toddler children (under 2 yrs. of age by September 1) are $90.00 per week or $270.00 per month. Children 2 and up are $80.00 per week or $240.00 per month.
There is a $10.00 discount for the second child when registering for the month.